Fit After Little Bits

eat harder

Weekend Round Up: Savannah Edition

on August 9, 2017

Hey there! Long time no see!! This weekend was a bit of a whirlwind trip and the first time that I have left Brooke in a LONG time! But it was great. Exhausting, but great! Be prepared for a bit of photo overload!


Brooke and I spent the day hanging out and preparing for my departure. Lots of food prep for her and Ken while I was gone. (Side note: They did amazing while I was away and had an AMAZING time. That makes my heart happy!!).

In the afternoon, we were about to get dressed for a trailer ride, when some sort of wind gust came through and completely destroyed Brooke’s playhouse. Yes, there were tears. And then I decided to ride the trainer instead ๐Ÿ˜‰



It was kind of terrifying!

Once Ken was home around 4:45, we had an early dinner and then I hopped in the car for the 4 hour trip to the Denver airport. I lucked out with an easy drive and only cried about leaving 3 times ๐Ÿ˜‰

I had the pleasure of hanging out in the airport until my plane boarded around 12:20 am. You see interesting things at that hour. Lots of drunk people. I managed to sleep for about 2 hours of the 2:28 minute flight to Atlanta. I call that a win!


Saturday and Friday blur together a bit. I took this picture at 3:24 my Colorado time, which was 5:24 at the Atlanta airport. I got about 15 minutes of sleep before people started to show up and make noise. Quality night’s sleep, right?



When I realized that there would not be any more sleeping in my future, I opted for my first large latte of the day. A second would follow shortly after ๐Ÿ˜‰

My brother and sister landed a couple of hours after me and we met up for some breakfast before we caught our connecting flight to Savannah.

My row mates were on the interesting side. Looks comfy?


Once we landed, my sister (who pretty much planned and booked our entire trip) grabbed a rental car and we were off!

Only in Georgia.



We headed over to my Uncle’s house to shower and try to become a bit more human. Hung out in the 9000% humidity for a while. Pretty sure that I was allergic to it!

We ventured over to see my Grandma. She is the reason for the trip. She is 90 years old and has pretty severe dementia. She recently fell and broke her femur (just beneath her hip replacement). Because of age and some health stuff, they were not sure that she would make it through the surgery. She did and is doing exceptionally well. That being said, the three of us made the trip because we wanted to make sure that we got to see her again in case anything were to happen. Made the whole trip worth it!

After visiting with her for a bit, we headed to see my Uncle’s shop and explore a bit. It really is beautiful. If you are inside the air conditioned car and the bugs cant get you ๐Ÿ˜‰


Another by-product of the humidity…check out that frizz!



Spent the evening hanging out and chatting with my Uncle and his friend.


WHOA. Full night’s sleep! That felt AMAZING!! Woke up and set out on a swim (er, run) with my sister. OMG. People. It was literally like breathing in water. I needed a snorkel. Not joking. We did 4 easy miles and there was NO part of my clothing that was dry.



The grossest!

Post run we got to play in the pool for a while. It felt amazing!! And it was relaxing. It has been a LONG time since I have not been 100% focused on my little child in the water. Felt neat just chilling.

Once we had showered, we got dressed and the three of us went to visit my Grandma. We had fun chatting with her about many random things. Not sure that she knew who we were, but at least we were fun!


Afterwards, we ventured down to River Street to explore before meeting up with our cousins. ย I made the mistake of partaking in a Pina Colida Wet Willies slushie. Holy cow. That thing was strong and I never would have known until I had finished and was trying to walk around town!

Found this guy. Cracked up a bit.


Met up with the fam and had drinks. Yep, water for me! And enjoyed the amazing view from TopDeck



Had a great night of eating (check out this ice cream?!?!) before heading home to hit the sack (though not really sleep well!)

IMG_2711 (1)


We started our day with another run through the watery air. Luckily, there was a bit of a breeze. We also had warning signs. Thankfully, we didn’t see any offenders.



Accidentally went 4.75 miles instead of our 4 miles due to getting a little lost ๐Ÿ˜‰

Packed up our stuff, showered (because EWWWWW), and headed over for one last visit with Grandma. ย Gave kisses before making our way to the airport and hopping on our plane. Our flight was pretty late, so I ended up RUNNING to my connection. Thank goodness they were running a couple minutes behind and I could grab a pre-made sandwich to take on the lane!


Landed on time in Denver and was welcomed by a large rain storm. Rained for almost the whole 4 hours home! On the plus side, I hit no traffic. Though, I cannot say the same for my sis and bro in LA. Sorry, guys!


Made it home in time to hang with the husband a bit before collapsing into bed! All in all, it was amazing trip!

Today was spent grocery shopping and doing things around the house. Otherwise known as playing catch up! Rode the trainer for an hour thanks to some thunderstorms. Nothing too exciting ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hope you had a great weekend too!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: