Fit After Little Bits

eat harder


on January 10, 2017

What’s up, Monday? Glad you are almost over 😉

This morning started off in a bit of a strange way. We had no power. Now, dont get me wrong, not having power isnt the end of the world….but when you live in the middle of no where, power is kind of important. We need power in order for our water pump to bring water into our house (we only have whatever is in the tank at the time that we lost power). We need power in order to have any phone service (we get no service at our house and use wifi calling on our phones). So, yeah, power is kind of important out here!

With the power out, it made getting ready for the day (one where we actually had to all be in town by 8) a little interesting. For some reason, Brooke ended up in our bed around 3 in the morning. Just walked in and hopped up and went back to sleep. Pretty sure I didnt sleep after that. With the weird power business, Ken was up at 5:30 and outside to move snow. Brooke and I were out of bed at 6 and lighting candles (or turning them on) throughout the house.

No coffee. Boo. Luckily, once we made it to town (they had power), Brooke and I were able to locate some caffeine (none for her) before hitting the pool.

Brooke and I made it home about 11 to (still) no power. Luckily, by about 11:20, it was back on. YES!!! Oh, and it rained today. Rained. In January. In Steamboat Springs. Hello insane driving conditions!

Weekend recap:

Saturday was spent running into town for quick haircuts for Ken and I. And by quick, I mean Great Clips…and literally a scissors straight across my hair. Probably my last trip there-pretty sure that Ken could do a better job. I ended up with a rest day as Ken went out snowmobiling with some buddies! It was kinda pretty! Also, SNOW!


On Sunday, I decided to get my run in before Church because it was going to snow all day. I hit the road (with 2 inches of snow over it) for 5 miles with Jasper. It was one of the hardest runs EVER. Running through powder is hard. And slow.

Jasper loved it (even though he left me on the way home!). He met me back at the house. Clearly I was too slow for him! The run left me a little wrecked. So hard. It was hard for him too…he just waited until after to show it!img_1001

Today, I managed to squeeze in an hour easy on the bike while watching Brooke play with her dolls. She is currently loving being a “mommy”. It is pretty stinking cute! We will see what the weather allows for tomorrow!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: