Fit After Little Bits

eat harder

Race Result and some Tabatas

on September 23, 2015

Well, hello Wednesday!

I am a bit late getting on here this week. It has been a busy one and the kiddo has finally decided to take a nap! Taking full advantage.

Quick race update: Raced on Saturday and it was killer! We had a large field of 46 ladies come out to play. The course isn’t really my style, but I was still aiming for top 10. I managed 11th and was pretty happy with that. I seriously brake way too much. No pictures yet…maybe soon! The husband finished in the top 10 with an insanely talented group of racers. Pretty proud of that guy!

Looking forward to the race this weekend. It is pretty much a sand fest.

More happenings…

I got a little bit too excited last Friday when my max wattage popped up with my old area code. Anyone else a total dork when it comes to things like that? 818 Baby!


The ride also included some pretty sweet skies and an amazing sunset!


Since we raced on Saturday, we had all of Sunday to hang out đŸ™‚ Ran some errands (home depot and Costco are very important to us as a family), rode to the park and just enjoyed chilling. Ken and I got our respective tempo workouts in during the afternoon. Brooke got her wheelie popping ride in earlier in the day!


Monday, I took the day off the bike and hit up a 6:30 am hot yoga class. It was amazing! Took the pup and kiddo on a 3.2 mile jog that included 2 park stops. No complaints from them.

Last night I prepped dinner for the kiddo and husband so they could eat at a normal hour while I went out and rode. It was nice to have at least 45 minutes in the light before darkness won and the light had to be turned on. I practiced some remounts and then played in a sandpit for a bit trying to prepare for this weekend. Unfortunately, there must have been something sharp in the sand because when I got home, there was a slash in my tire and it was flat. Sad day!

This morning I hit the road at about 5:30 am for a tabata workout. Ugh. Killer. Seriously, not even just because I was still half asleep.

Looked like this:

30 minute warm up followed by 3 sets of 20 seconds on/10 seconds off x 10 (5 minutes worth) and then 20 minutes home.

Amazingly, the husband had fresh coffee made for me when I walked in the door. I think I will keep him! Followed breakfast up with a trip to the park!

Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow!

And pretty excited about the fact that someone will sit still long enough for me to braid her pretty little hair!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: